SYJCC’s Sr. theater program provides people the opportunity to explore & perform musical theater together in an educational, supportive & professional environment. Our mission is to present high-quality musical theater productions performed by talented kids for family audiences, to provide a safe, creative & nurturing place where kids can harness their inherent energy, build their self-esteem & realize their true potential through the unique collaborative art form that is musical theater. Young people gain confidence & learn commitment, responsibility, communication & teamwork skills that are critical to their success in both school & life.
- Please prepare 32 bars of a song in the style of the show.
- You must bring sheet music marked with the beginning and end of the cut and in the correct key for the musical director.
- Be prepared to learn a dance combo.
- Please bring a picture and resume. It does not need to be a professional headshot.
- Everyone will need to fill out an audition form. There is a fillable PDF on our website at syjcc.org/stage-74/. If you fill it out online, please print it and bring it to the auditions.
Rehearsals typically run every Sunday from 5:00–8:30 pm. Tech week is Monday – Thursday 5:00-8:30 pm, the week before the show dates. A full schedule is given out at the first rehearsal. All rehearsals are mandatory unless prior notice is given and approved.
SYJCC Members | $280
Non-Members | $345
Registration for each show is due by the first week of rehearsal. If payment is not made by the third rehearsal, a $10 late fee will be incurred.
- Rehearsals are every typically every Sunday from 5:00- 8:30 PM.
- Cast members must be at every rehearsal unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Being on time means being 5 minutes early and ready to work when rehearsal begins.
- Each cast member will get one script only and must bring it to every rehearsal.
- Cast members are expected to stay at rehearsal until the end time unless given prior notice.
- Tech rehearsals are always Monday – Thursday the week prior to the show and they are mandatory.
For more information, please contact Rochele Seskin, (631) 462-9800 x162 or email [email protected]
*Subject to change